Banyan Sustainable Solutions: The Bathroom Edition
Discover how to create a cleaner greener home as we launch our Banyan Sustainable Solutions series of pop-up events!
Want to give your beauty regime an ethical upgrade but don’t know where to start? Join us at Banyan Workspace as we explore some of the best sustainable bathroom solutions available here in Hong Kong. From plastic-free amenities to luxurious skincare, this is your chance to learn, try and buy – all under one roof!
Talk – Change your habits at home
Time: 11:30am – 12:15pm
This month’s keynote speaker is Brenda Alatorre, sustainability expert and ambassador for plastic-free beauty brand Nanah Mexico. Brenda will be leading a discussion on the impact of waste in Hong Kong and how we can make simple yet impactful product swaps in our homes
Workshop – Bampads Period Workshop
Time: 12:30pm – 1:30pm
Have you ever heard of menstrual pads that you can REUSE? BamPads! is youth social start-up aiming to market reusable cloth pads in Hong Kong. They provide a menstrual education workshop to help you understand more about your body and to destigmatize periods. Through their sales, they aim to give back to the community by providing our reusable pads. Isn’t it amazing?
Workshop – DIY Handmade Soap
Time: 1:45pm – 2:45pm
Host: Soap Yummy
Soap Yummy is a handmade soap and skincare brand. They offer yummy-looking products and DIY workshops to make sustainable living FUN!
Their soap and skincare are made with food ingredients with skincare benefits. They are natural and nutritious to skin, and ultimately prevent polluting Mother Nature by adopting low-waste packaging and production. 100% ‘Yummy to the Skin & Gentle to the Earth’ , perfect for self-use and gifting!
If you like to know exactly what goes into what you put on your skin, get your hands dirty (we mean, clean!) with this soap-making tutorial. Soap Yummy will help you use natural ingredients such as aloe vera to create your own beautifully scented bar to take home with you. Exciting!
Join us and get a chance to meet and hear the story of these amazing Hong Kong entrepreneurs and their difference-making products!
Time: 11:00am – 3:00pm
- Bampads – Reusable cloth pads made out of many different fabrics to make them ultra absorbent, chemical-free and super sustainable.
- GLOHS – Natural skincare and health brand founded in 2016. They strive to source from small sustainable farms with high ethical standards from all around the world to provide high quality, potent and effective products. Learn more about GLOHS Community, sharing knowledge and news in the health and wellness space through blogs, events and workshops!
- Green N Tonic – Handmade soap with the finest ingredients and nature-friendly packaging.
- Island Life HK – Affordable bathroom products that can significantly reduce household plastic usage, and that can be made available to anyone with a water tap at home.
- Soap Yummy – Options for a low impact lifestyle. Skin-loving daily products that are locally-made and eco-friendly